Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Much Love Volunteer! We are a volunteer run organization and are always looking for new volunteers to help make a difference.
To volunteer with us, you’ll just need to:
1) Attend a weekend volunteer orientation and training
2) Be 18 or over to work with our animals. If you’re under 18, you can volunteer for other jobs*.
TO SIGN UP FOR A VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE OR CLICK HERE.
Volunteer Orientation and Training Sessions
All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation and training session. They’re held twice each month – please check below for the next orientation. You’ll attend a half-hour orientation, then pitch in for the rest of the adoption. We suggest you wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
A few days before orientation, you will receive a welcome email with our volunteer manual. While we will review everything during the orientation training, you might find it useful to review ahead of time.
We appreciate any amount of time you can spend volunteering with us. We primarily need people to…
- Volunteer at the Weekend Adoptions to set up, break down and show the animals to the public.
- Transport animals to or from weekend adoption events
Other tasks include…
- Transport animals mid-week from fosters to vet offices
- Visit vet offices and kennels where our dogs board mid-week to walk them
- Help promote adoptions by posting pictures & bulletins on social media sites
- Help plan various fund raising events & come up with event ideas of your own
- Contact friends and businesses to see if they would donate services to our next auction
- Contact media outlets to pitch stories about Much Love and our animals
- Keep track of supplies and restock them
- Answer emails to email@example.com
- Learn to give volunteer orientations
- Research and apply for grants available to Much Love
* Volunteer duties for under 18:
- Come to one of our adoptions, take pictures of the animals, and let everyone in your social network know that these animals need homes! You can post to Facebook (your page or ours!), tweet about Much Love Animal Rescue, send out emails with pictures, make flyers, and get the word out about our adoptable animals in whatever way you can think of!
- Make a video of our animals and share in the same ways listed above
- Use your artistic or graphic design skills to help us design flyers, marketing materials, t-shirts, posters, or any other projects we may have. Please contact us and we will let you know if we have any current needs
- Organize an independent fundraiser such as a bake sale, garage sale, car wash, raffle, auction, or anything else that would raise funds for the animals
- Solicit donations at our mobile adoptions
- Help promote our organization and its fundraisers, adoptions, and events through social media
- Help us to recruit more volunteers and fosters for the animals
- Pass out brochures and flyers at our mobile adoptions
- Become an assistant for one of our events
- Foster one of our animals in your home
- Help to write stories or articles that will get publicity for our organization
- Set up a fundraising webpage for our annual Strut Your Mutt event (each year from July-Sept). This is very easy; email us for simple instructions.
Volunteering isn’t only about spending time with the animals (though it is the best part!). If you have an expertise that you would be willing to offer, such as accounting practices, fundraising skills, promotion experience or even sewing skills for our pet beds, please let us know.
If you have any other questions about volunteering you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for helping animals in need!
Upcoming Orientations (register below)
location: 2515 Main Street, Santa Monica
Volunteer Orientation - 1:30