Much Love Animal Rescue exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals from the streets and shelters of Los Angeles and place them in loving homes. Much Love is a 100% non-profit organization run entirely by dedicated volunteers who offer their time and resources to house, train, transport and care for these animals. Since its inception in 1999, Much Love has placed over 3,000 animals into loving homes.
We are a 501c3 non-profit. Our Tax ID# is 95-4765624.
Much Love is dedicated to the following goals:
- Rescuing stray animals from animal shelters who have not been adopted and are scheduled to be euthanized. Much Love takes the animals who have been in the shelters the longest and will die unless rescued.
- Providing medical care to neglected, abused and injured animals.
- Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes.
- Promoting the importance of spaying and neutering pets in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals on the street.
- Educating children and adults alike on responsible pet guardianship.
- Ultimately, securing a no-kill facility where rescued pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until we find adoptive parents for them.
Why we do it
An estimated 4 million animals are euthanized each year in the United States
That is 300,000 a month
Over 11,000 each day
Until that number is zero, we will continue to do what we do
What we do
Our primary focus is finding safe, loving homes for unwanted, neglected and/or abused animals. We rescue dogs and cats from Los Angeles area shelters who could be loving pets, but are about to be put to sleep due to overcrowding, illness or disease.
Much Love spays or neuters every animal we take in, gives them required innoculations and microchips each animal to ensure if they are ever lost, we will always be contacted.
Much Love takes particular care in placing our animals, pure and mixed breed alike. Our screening process includes an application and a visit to the potential owner’s home to ensure the home and family is compatible with the pet’s needs and our requirements. We ask adoptive owners to sign a detailed contract obliging them to give the animal a loving home.
How we do it
Much Love is run entirely by volunteers who are dedicated to raising funds, fostering and caring for the animals and participating in weekend mobile adoptions until homes are found for these amazing pets.
Much Love also relies heavily on our foster program which introduces animals into a family environment and gives them the love they crave. All of our cats are in foster homes and our dogs are either in foster homes or doggie daycares.
Much Love has weekly mobile adoptions for our animals where we show off our animal friends and interview potential parents. To meet an animal during the week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MUCH LOVE COORDINATOR
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Dr. Frank Lavac, D.V.M.
Andrew Galker, Esq.
Dr. Karen Heard, D.V.M.
Dr. Joseph Szanto, D.V.M.
Dr. Erin Wilson, D.V.M.
Estate of Mary Sinclair
Margaret & Peter Lewis
Pamela & Jules Nelkin
Andrea Pett Joseph
Cynthia Pett Dante
United Talent Agency